The Benefits of Boxing.
- Decreases body fat
- Increases muscle tone
- Improves cardio vascular fitness
- Increases endurance & conditioning
- Increases strength & power
- Increase power & agility
- Improves hand eye coordination & footwork
- Relieves stress
You can pick up practically any magazine and read about how boxing is known world-wide for its array of health & fitness benefits.
The most common include stripping body fat, toning the body by building lean muscle and increasing your fitness through the roof. Celebrities do it... sports professionals from a multitude of disciplines use it... It's no secret!
The Benefits of Boxing at Action Boxing & Fitness
As our instructors have had 15+ years experience competing & training in one of the toughest individual sports ever, they have been able to design group fitness classes to get you lean, fit & strong!
We have trained in boxing gyms in London, Muay Thai gyms in Thailand, Various boxing gyms across Australia and expanded our knowledge to cross over to fields such as Olympic Weight lifting.
- Action boxing & fitness is a real boxing gym that offers real boxing training to the general public.
- You'll be in the capable hands of female & male trainers who are not only qualified to teach boxing but have competitive boxing experience at both state & national levels! Our qualifications include Certificate III & IV in fitness instruction & personal training through fitnessnsw. Professional boxing trainers who can train you to compete either as an amateur or professional boxer Certified through NSW Department of Sport & Recreation, The Amateur Boxing Association and The Amateur Boxing League. Qualified Olympic Lifting Coach through the Australian Weightlifting Federation.
- No prior knowledge of boxing required
- Members of varying fitness levels and ages
- Train at your own pace, you won't feel left behind.
- No prior knowledge of boxing required
- Train outside gym hours for convenience and privacy! (Prior bookings only)
- Come as you are, there's no fashion parade!
Action Boxing & Fitness is a non-threatening, down to earth gym that makes anyone (nice people) feel welcome. We’ve been SO lucky to attract a diverse range of awesome, friendly people that could soon be your new training buddies... There's no heroes here!
The gym has been operating for around 11 years now. My interest in boxing started about 18 years ago when I moved back from Sydney and wanted to lose weight and through boxing training, saw and felt huge results. After losing around 30kg (I didn't use the scales for quite a while) and dropping around 3 - 4 dress size. I was wrapped in the results and wanted to help others reach their goals.
It's not just about the cosmetic changes that make you feel proud. I remember having to do the cross country at school (around 1.2km) and walking every step of the way. Fast forward to going through a medical in order to compete in boxing and the doctor reveals I have a resting heart rate of 44! Even he was shocked and checked it again.
Almost everyone is incorporating boxing training into their classes & personal training sessions. Everyone knows the benefits boxing in terms of stripping body fat and overall toning & conditioning but it's not as beneficial if it isn't done properly. Don't rely on a "training partner" or a fitness instructor who has completed a one day boxing course to give you a good boxing work out. Come into Action boxing & fitness and do a class (you get your first one free) so you can feel & understand the difference of real boxing training.
Our Specialised Equipment Includes:
- Boxing ring
- 18+ bags (various weights & sizes)
- Floor to ceilings balls
- Focus pads
- Kick / strike shields
- Olympic bars & weights
- Battle ropes
- Tractor tyre & sledge hammers
- 3-10 kg medicine balls
- 5 – 10kg slam balls
- Power bags
- 65cm & 75cm fit balls
- Skipping ropes and rebound boards
- Rowing Machines
- Dumb bells
If you would like to do some research before coming to the gym you can read every last detail on this website, jump over to our facebook page & go through our reviews or give us a call.
We are a very small gym, which means you will get to know everyone pretty quick and soon learn that we have a great cross section of members.